Sweet potato pudding
Sometimes known as Hell a top, hell a bottom and hallelujah in the middle. A sweet traditional dessert with a soft texture, great with ice-cream, cream or even custard! Go-ahead and treat yourself!
- Sweet Potato pudding
- 750g sweet potato (Washed & peeled)
- 300g Brown sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 125g Fine cornmeal
- 1tsp. mixed spice
- 1tsp. nutmeg
- 1tsp. salt
- 1tbsp. butter
- 400g coconut milk
- 100g raisins
- 250ml water
- 100g Yam
- 1tsp. Browning
- Firstly wash and peel your sweet potatoes and yam and place inside a pot with boiling water and boil until soft. Alternately you can grater the sweet potatoes.
- Drain water and mash the sweet potatoes together until completely smooth and set aside.
- Grab a large bowl and add plain flour, fine cornmeal, mixed spice/ cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, and mix all ingredients together.
- Then add coconut milk, butter, and raisins along with browning, vanilla essence and sugar, mashed sweet potatoes and mix together.
- Pour mixture into a greased tin and bake for 1.5 hours at 180 degrees/350F.
Cool down for 20 minutes and serve.