A delicious vegan recipe everyone will love. Who needs meat? Ital is vital. Tender sweet potatoes and pumpkin cooking in a curry coconut sauce!
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into cubes)
- ¼ Pumpkin or Butternut squash (cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp. Curry powder
- 1tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. All-purpose seasoning
- 1tsp. ginger
- ¼ onions (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 2 cups water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 280g Callaloo
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
Optional: Butternut squash, spinach ,
- On high heat, add olive oil to your pot until it starts to sizzle. Then add you onions, garlic, scotch bonnet pepper and fry for for 2 minutes. Then add 2tbp. Curry powder and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and sweet potatoes and season with curry powder, paprika, ginger all-purpose seasoning and mix together. Then add 2 cups of water and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pot and stir. Then cook pumpkin and sweet potato for 20 minutes on medium heat until tender.
- Finally add Callaloo and mix together, and then simmer for 5 minutes.