Treat someone special with our 3 course valentines meal made easy! why not have a romantic night in with that special someone and show how much you love them. We have come up with evening full of FLAVA!. Firstly starters with some mini peppered prawns packed with spice to spice things up!. Then the main course with a succulent curry chicken on top of a bed of fluffy coconut rice. And finally a delicious Strawberry, chocolate and cream pancake/crepe to make you feeling sweet!.
Mini Peppered Prawns
- 200g Raw Prawns/Shrimp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- ¼ chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil/ cooking oil
- 4-6 toothpicks
- 1tsp lemon juice
- Firstly wash prawns with water lemon/lime.
- Then pour tbsp. of coconut oil/cooking oil in frying pan on high heat
- Cook onions, spring onions, scotch bonnet and garlic cloves for 3 mins
- Place washed prawns into pan
- Season prawns with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme Parsley and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with toothpicks on plate and garnish with parsley.
Curry Chicken w/ Coconut rice.
- 1lb Chicken breast (Cut in medium chunks)
- 2 tbsp. Curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ chopped onion
- ¼ cup of carrots
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1tsp ginger
- ¼ cup chopped potatoes
- 1 tsp chicken/ all-purpose seasoning
- 4 branches of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp pimento seeds/ all spice
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil/cooking oil
- Firstly wash Chicken with lemon and water and season with, salt, pepper, paprika, 2 tbsp. curry powder and marinate over night.
- Then pour 2tbsp. coconut oil/ cooking oil in frying pan on high heat, and cook onions, garlic cloves and scotch bonnet pepper and cook for 3 mins.
- Then place 1 tbsp. of curry powder and burn cook it for 5 mins.
- Then add 1tsp on ginger
- Then pour in the marinated chicken into the frying pan mix and brown for 10 minutes.
- Pour ½ cup of coconut milk in frying pan and stir well.
- Then put in 1tsp. pimento seeds and fresh thyme and cook for 20 minutes.
- Then put in ¼ cup of carrots, potatoes, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- ½ cup coconut milk or ½ block coconut crème
- 1tsp butter
- 1 cup of water (water should be slightly above rice)
- 1tsp salt
- Firstly wash rice 3-4 time
- Then place rice into a pot, and level water with washed rice.
- Then pour ½ cup of coconut milk into the pot and mix gently. (Water should still be slightly above rice)
- Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp of butter and stir.
- Leave on medium heat for 15 minutes max.
- Then use a folk to fold and mix the rice from the base of pot.
- Then serve.
Strawberry, Chocolate and crème pancake crepe.
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1 cup melted chocolate / chocolate sauce
- 1 squirt of whipped crème.
- 1 pancake/crepe
- First make sure your pancake/crepe is hot
- Open pancake/crepe to a circle and paste melted chocolate on
- Then place half the cup of sliced strawberries onto pancake/crepe
- Then fold over twice, decorate the plate with the rest of strawberries
- Then use rest of melted chocolate and drizzle all over pancake/crepe
- Finally squirt some whip cream on top.