Stir-Fry Caribbean Prawns and Plantain recipe
Stir-Fry Caribbean Prawns and Plantain recipe. One word for this unique dish, and that is delicious! and it only takes 30 minutes to make! I can guarantee that you will love this dish. A wonderful mixture of spice and sweetness you wont go wrong. Great for Lunch or dinner, at home or on the go! This dish is also a delicious healthy dish, using coconut oil is always a great healthier alternative. So, gym lovers, fitness freaks, #teamhealthy this one is for you! Give it a go and tell us what you think below. Let’s get cooking!
Total Time: 30 min
Prep: 10 min | Inactive: 5 min | Cook: 20 min
- 2 plantain
- Mixed herbs
- Sweet peppers
- Scotch Bonnet
- Spring onions
- all purpose seasoning
- 150g prawns
- Himalayan salt
- Coconut oil
- Sweet chilli sauce (optional)
1. Cut Plantain into small coin shapes
2. Place in bowl and 1tsp thyme, all purpose seasoning, black pepper and Himalayan salt and shake well.
3. Heat your coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
4. Place plantain coins in one at a time. oil should be sizzling. Cook for 3/4mins
5. Place in paper towel to drain oil
1. Wash and drain prawns with water and lemon
2. Place in bowl and add 1tsp thyme, all purpose seasoning and Himalayan salt and shake well.
3. Spray coconut oil in pan (medium heat) add onions, sweet peppers, scotch bonnet, spring onions.
4. fry for 5 mins on medium heat
5. Add in prawns and stir then add in half scotch bonnet and honey and stir.
Serve in plate 2-3 people.