Our sweet chilli wings recipe is full of pleasantly sweet flavours and complimented with Caribbean infused spices. With a slightly fried crispy texture, the sweet chilli sauce provides a tempting glazed coating and a taste that will have you licking your fingers and craving more! If you’re a sweet & chilli food lover this one is for you! It will take you around 30 minutes to prepare and cook, so more time for eating! Be ready for a easy and tasty dish, perfect for a side snack or apart of a main dish!
Let’s get cooking – Original Flava’s Sweet and Chilli chicken wings recipe.
- 1lb Chicken wings
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Jamaica Valley All-purpose seasoning – http://jamaicavalley.com/product/all-purpose-seasoning-100g/
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch/cornflour
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of thyme
- 1 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sweet chilli paste
- 1 tbsp butter
- vegetable oil (Deep fry)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- Wash chicken wings with lemon and water.
- Then Season chicken wings with salt, thyme, pepper, and all-purpose seasoning and mix together and cover.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, corn-starch/cornflour and water together to a watery consistency.
- Add each chicken wing to mixture and place into deep frying vegetable oil for 10 mins until crispy golden brown.
- Then dry chicken wings on paper towel to reduce excess oil and cover.
Making the sauce
- Add Butter to a high heat frying pan and let butter melt
- Then add sweet chilli sauce, sweet chilli paste, soy sauce, and cook for 5 mins
- Then add chicken wings to frying pan and mix together and cook for 5 mins.
- Add chicken wings to a baking tray and cook for 10 mins in the oven at 180 degrees.
- Garnish chicken wings with thyme then serve