- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil/ olive oil.
- 2 x540g Ackee 2x 300g
- Boneless saltfish
- 1 cup mixed bell pepper
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp.Black pepper
- 1 tsp. All-purpose seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- Soak saltfish in cold water overnight (Replacing water every 3 hours) Or boiled saltfish in hot boiling water for 10 minutes and repeat 2/3 times over.
- Once saltfish is cooled down break into small pieces and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp. Of vegetable oil into a medium heated frying pan. Then add chopped onions, bell peppers, scotch bonnet, garlic and springs onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the saltfish to the frying pan and dash some all purpose seasoning on it, along with a little paprika and stir on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Strain the liquid from the ackee and add to the frying pan carefully. Dash a little pepper on top and gently fold the ackee and saltfish together. Then simmer for 5 minutes. Then done! Serves 4-5 people.