Traditional Jerk Chicken done on a grill! perfect for summer time! get your BBQ out and lets get grilling! This recipe is full of spicy flavour and is sooooo delicious you’ll definately have a great time with family and friends with this recipe.
Jerk pan cooking time 35 mins
Normal BBQ : 45 MINS
AT 165 DEGREES
- 8 Leg Quarters
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup orange juice/pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp. pimento seeds/ all spice
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon / nutmeg
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 3 spring onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. ginger (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 8 garlic cloves
- 4-5 scotch bonnet peppers (no seeds)
- Firstly you’ll need to wash your chicken with lemon and water then pat dry and set aside
- Then you’ll need a blender and blend all these ingredients together for 3 minutes:
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup dark soy sauce, ¼ cup lime juice, ½ cup orange juice/pineapple juice, 1 tbsp. pimento seeds/ all spice, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. cinnamon / nutmeg, 2 tsp. fresh thyme, 3 spring onions (chopped), 2 tbsp. ginger (chopped), 1 medium onion (chopped), 8 garlic cloves, 4-5 scotch bonnet peppers (no seeds)
- Grab your chicken and poke holes into chicken with a knife, and pour ½ of the jerk marinade onto the meat and massage together, and then put into the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Place chicken onto the grill (skin down) and close BBQ Grill lid and cook for 5-7 minutes until it starts to brown.
- After 5-7 minutes open the BBQ grill lid and flip the chicken over onto the other side, close the lid and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Repeat these instruction twice more until chicken is dark brown.
- Then move chicken to the sides of the grill and brush Jerk sauce on the top then close the lid and cook for further 5-7.
- Open the BBQ grill lid- The chicken should now be ready. Use a BBQ fork and place the chicken onto a tray and cool down for 10 minutes.
- Then add chicken to a chopping board and cut chicken into small pieces.