This is one of our Vegan favourites!, Plantain and Chickpea curry is absolutely delicious, Packed full of FLAVA, and its so easy to make! its only takes 30 minutes to prepare! Give this a try its healthy too! try with some rice or eat on its own. your vegan friends will love you! also your meat eating friends too 😉
- Plantain & Chickpea curry
- 8 Ripe Plantains
- Chick peas 250g x3
- 6 tbsp. Curry powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. Mixed herbs
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- Coconut milk 200ml x2
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- ½ cup of water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. Ginger
- 540g Callaloo /Spinach
- 6 Spring onions
- 4 Carrots
- 3 Medium bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- On high heat add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to your pot until it starts to sizzle
- Then Add 1 medium diced onion, 4 diced garlic cloves, 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger and sorte for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp. of curry powder and a tiny bit of water and mix together, and then add a little salt, black pepper, chilli powder and cumin and mix.
- You’ll also need to add a tiny coconut milk at first, then mix together to for a paste.
- Then add your chickpeas and mix together with the curry paste then add ½ cup of water, Along with 2 Tins of coconut milk and stir.
- Add spring onion peppers and carrots, and some 2tbsp. more of curry powder, 1 tsp. of salt black pepper, chilli, and cumin and stir.
- Sliced some plantain and add to the pot and then mix together.
- Over with a lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes
- After that give it a mix and add your Callaloo, then stir gently. Add scotch bonnet and simmer for further 5 minutes