Dumplings is a traditional dish from the caribbean, and is used for meals such as ackee and saltfish, mackerel rundown. Mainly used as part of a breakfast but can be eaten with various Caribbean dishes.
Wash your hands first.
- 3 cups Self-raising flour /3 cups plain flour and 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp. sugar (optional
- 1 cup of water/ milk (more or less if required)
- Firstly add 3 cups of Self-rising flour into a bowl
- Then add 1 tsp Salt and 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Then mix around with a spoon and gradually add ½ cup cold water
- Then use your hand and knead the dough into a bowl by consistently twisting the dough Gradually adding other ½ cup of water to the dough if dry and keep kneading together
- Dough should now be dry with a slight moist consistency and ready to break into dumplings.
- Break a piece of dough and put your thumb in the middle of the dough and twist around it to make a circular shape
- Frying pan on medium-high heat and fry on each side till golden brown.
- Place on paper towel.