Introducing our new series FlavaAndFriends – where we invite our friends who are doing pretty well in their fields, to our kitchen to cook a delicious recipe. This week it’s Kevin Dapaah, @drdapaah who is an inspiring Young dentist & Entrepreneur shows us how we can make a delicious Banana bread recipe with Zero sugar that is tooth friendly. 🦷
* 2 Eggs
* 4 Ripe Bananas
* 120 ml Coconut oil 1/2 cup
* 1 tbsp Golden syrup or honey
* 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
* 65g Mixed fruits or coconut (optional)
* 220g Whole wheat flour or any flour
* 1 tsp Baking Powder / soda
* 1 tbsp Cinnamon
* 1 long sliced banana on top
Firstly pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees 350F.
Line your baking tin with baking/ parchment paper making sure all sides of tin is covered.
Alternatively you can just grease the tin with butter and put banana bread mixture straight in.
* In a mixing bowl mix eggs with vanilla, syrup, and coconut oil.
* Add bananas to a separate bowl and mush them together with a fork then add to the wet ingredients
* Sift in the flour, baking powder,cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
* Fold in the mixed fruits or walnuts (optional)
* Pour mixture into baking tin, then add a long sliced banana on the top in the center then give it a likkle shake.
* Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour in 180 degreed / 350F preheated oven.
* Use a tooth pick to check if the banana bread is ready, if it comes out dry its ready, if it comes out wet put it back in the oven for a little longer.
* Cool banana bread for 30 mins then enjoy.