Ackee, Saltfish & Callaloo Pizza recipe
Ackee, Saltfish & Callaloo Pizza recipe. The ingredients sound out of the ordinary, but believe us they come together to make a fantastic tasting pizza! Ackee, saltfish and callaloo is one of the Caribbean main dishes, and is often eaten with Fried Dumplings so the pizza flour base gives the same compliment and the cheese adds a great addition to bring everything together. Give it a try, and trust us you will not regret it!
- 1 tin Ackee 540g
- 1 pack Saltfish
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1/4 Green pepper
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup of Spring onion
- 1 Scotch bonnet
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tin Callallo 540g
- Ready made pizza base:
- Olive oil
- Mozerella or cheddar cheese
- Pizza base from scratch
- 500g flour
- Boil saltfish in water for 10 mins, drain and repeat 1 or 2 times.
- 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- Then add
1/4 Green pepper
1/4 cup of Spring onion
1 Scotch bonnet
1/2 tsp black pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Break up saltfish into small pieces and add to frying pan cook for 5 mins.
- Then drain callaloo and add
- Cook for 2-3 mins
- Then carefully drain ackee and add to frying pan. Make sure you gently stir ackee and let it simmer for 5mins.
- Grease your baking tray with oil and Get your ready made pizza base and carefully place in tray. Use pasta sauce or tomato Ketchup and spread over pizza base.
- Then add a small amount of cheddar cheese or Mozzarella.
- Carefully lay the ackee and saltfish and callaloo onto the pizza making sure its level.
- Then add more cheese on top (a generous amount)
- Drizzle a tsp of oil onto the pizza
- And sprinkle a tsp of thyme onto the pizza.
- Place the pizza into the oven at 200 degrees for 20-25 mins.