As it’s UK’s national pancake day, we thought we’d make our thick and tasty American Pancakes with plantain & syrup glaze. This fluffy treat compliments well with the crunchy plantain texture, and is a really simple recipe that will sure to get your tastebuds bouncing! Let us know what you think?
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt (optional)
1 teaspoon brown or white sugar
2 large eggs (beaten)
30 grams melted butter
300 millilitres milk
225 grams plain flour
vegetable oil or butter for frying
- Pour all ingredients in a blender (Starting with milk) and mix
- Make sure the mixture is thick and smooth and rest for 15 minutes
- Pour 1 tsp of vegetable oil on a non stick frying pan and whip around with a tissue
- On medium heat, once hot, pour pancake mix into the pan from the middle making a circle shape.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side
- Fry plantain in shallow vegetable oil until golden brown on each side
- Decorate pancake with plantain and syrup