Brown stew Broccoli
Brown stew broccoli & cauliflower
Add some FLAVA to your vegetables! Say goodbye to your boring vegetables, this recipes will add some much need flavour and make you look forward to your 5 a day!. Great as a side dish or on its own. Stay tuned for our Vegan E-book coming out soon!
- 100g Fresh broccoli
- 100g Fresh Cauliflower
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Browning
- 2 tsp Pimento / All spice
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ Red bell pepper (Sliced)
- ½ green bell pepper (Sliced)
- ½ Yellow bell pepper (Sliced)
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- ½ medium onions (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup water
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- First you’ll need to wash your fresh broccoli and cauliflower and cut into florets then add to a mixing bowl.
- Then season with 1tsp salt, pepper, browning, pimento, paprika, half of bell peppers, fresh thyme then mix together and marinate for a few hours.
- In your frying pan add vegetable oil on a high heat, then add your onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add 1 tsp browning, thyme, black pepper, 1 sliced scotch bonnet and mix until you form a brown paste.
- Add your marinated broccoli & cauliflower and mix together.
- Add 1 cup of water, and steam vegetable until soft. Give it one last mix together and add the remaining bell peppers.
- Then serve as a side dish on eat on its own!