Tasty and wholesome stew that will bring some FLAVA to your midweek meals. This dish is vegan friendly and perfect for those cold winter nights, tastes lovely with a likkle white rice. I made it with some baked herb jacket potatoes and homemade hummus. Altogether it cost about £3.80/$4.30
Cooks for 4-6 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion (Julienne)
- Green bell peppers (Julienne)
- Red bell peppers (Julienne)
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet (chopped)
- 500g mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 leeks (chopped)
- 2 x 400g tinned chopped tomato
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 garlic cloves or 2tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 ginger powder
- Coconut shavings
- 2 X 400g butter beans
- coconut shavings for garnish
- 150ml water or coconut milk
- Pour olive oil in a shallow pan, dash in onions, bell peppers, scotch bonnet and garlic and cook until soft on a medium heat.
- Once soft, fling in the mushrooms, leeks, and cook down until soft. Then pour in the chopped tomato, salt, black pepper, paprika, mixed herbs and ginger, then mix together.
- Pour in the water or coconut milk and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Then dash in the butterbeans and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Fling on coconut shavings or parsley for garnish.