Spicy and flavoursome!
Caribbean Curry Chicken is a spicy filled dish that includes the Caribbeans finest herbs and seasonings, it’s sure to get your taste buds in a flavoursome spin! Curry Chicken is one of the most popular dishes in the Caribbean, If you are looking for the
- 1lb Skinless Drumsticks and thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp Black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 cup spring onion (3 branches)
- 1 tsp pimento seeds
- 3-4 Branches of fresh thyme
- 1tsp Chicken seasoning
- 1tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp. Curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- Wash 1lb Chicken with lemon and water
- Add 1tsp salt, 1tsp black pepper,
- 3 cloves garlic, 1 chopped onion, , 1 cup spring onions (Leave some over)
- 1tsp pimento seeds.
- 1 cup mixed peppers.
- 3-4 branches of fresh thyme.
- 1 tsp Chicken seasoning.
- Mix together and marinate for up to 8hrs or overnight.
- Pour 1tbsp vegetable oil into a pot on high heat.
- Then add left over garlic, onions, spring onions and cook for 3 mins.
- Then add 4 Tbsp. of Curry powder and 1tsp of cumin and cook well for 5 mins.
- Add ¼ cup water and mix together.
- Add the meat to the pot and mix well so that all the curry covers the meat.
- Cook meat for 15 mins – this will release the natural juices of the meet.
- Then add 1 cup of water.
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper and mix well.
- Cook for further 35 mins.
- Then add 1 cup of chopped white potatoes and 1 cup chopped carrots.
- Mix well and cook for further 15 mins on medium high heat.
- Serves 4-6.