This Recipe is 100% Flava and 100% Healthy. You can say This is Just like Sunday dinner but Healthier! and still has the FLAVA!. Grilled Chicken Breast seasoned with Jerk and Rice and Peas with Brown rice!. and of course a Healthy Stir fry Cabbage as your side. This recipe is Quick, easy and tastes like heaven! And most importantly its HEALTHY. Try this recipe for dinner, or even for your packed lunches for work. This is also a great Pre or Post workout meal for all the people who love to work out, its Packed with protein and nutrients! Give it a try!
Grilled Jerk Chicken w/Brown rice and peas w/ Stir fry Cabbage.
Grilled Jerk Chicken
- 1 chicken Breast
- 1 tsp Jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp Jerk Paste
- Add 1 tsp of Jerk seasoning and 1 tsp Jerk paste to the chicken breast and marinate.
- Place on Grill for 5-7 mins on each side and set aside
(To make a sauce combine ketchup /BBQ sauce and Jerk paste with some water)
Brown rice and peas
- 1 Can Red Kidney beans
- 2 Cups brown rice
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 tsp thyme
- Soak The Red kidney beans in a pot for a few hours or Overnight (Keep water)
- Bring Kidney Beans to a boil, and add Garlic, onion, thyme, salt, pepper.
- Add 2 cups of brown rice, coconut milk mix together and cook for 20 mins.
- Then use and folk and mix from the base and serve.
Stir Fry Cabbage
- White Cabbage (strips)
- 1 cup Peel Carrots (cut in medium sized strips)
- 1 Onion
- 4 Spring onions (strips)
- ¼ each Red, Green, Yellow bell pepper (Cut in long strips)
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1tsp Sea salt
- ¼ cup Olive oil / coconut oil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1tbsp.Dairy free butter/ coconut oil
- On High heat put ¼ cup of coconut/olive oil into your frying pan and let it heat up.
- Add 1 cup of Carrots and cook for 2minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of White Cabbage and cook for another 2 minutes (mix together)
- Then add 1 chopped onion, spring onions, and bell peppers and cook and mix together
- Add 1tsp Black pepper, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp of sea salt, 1tsp Thyme and fold together.
- Add 1 tbsp. of dairy free butter/ coconut oil mix in together and simmer for 10 mins.