Ackee and Saltfish is a traditional Jamaican dish everybody loves. We have decided to put it in a wrap! Perfect for going to work, or if your out and about, This recipe is very spicy and tasty, you will not be dissapointed! For those who don’t like spicyness just ease up on the paprika and scotch bonnet! Don’t worry the FLAVA will stay be delicious!
Spicy Ackee and saltfish wrap
- Saltfish 300g (1 Pack)
- Ackee 540g (1 tin)
- 1 Tbsp. sun/veg oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup spring onion
- ¼ chopped onion
- ½ cup mixed peppers
- 1 chopped scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Back pepper
- 1tsp thyme
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- Wholemeal fajita wraps
- Firstly soak saltfish overnight in warm water/ soak 5/6 in warm water
- Then pour 1tbsp of sun/veg oil in a frying pan on medium high heat
- Fry onions, garlic, spring onions and scotched bonnet pepper for 3-5 mins
- Then break up Saltfish into small pieces and place in frying pan and cook for up to 10 mins
- Then add 1 tsp paprika, 1tsp black pepper, 1tsp thyme, 1tsp all-purpose seasoning and cook together.
- Then add mixed peppers and mix together with the saltfish and make room for ackee
- Carefully place ackee into frying pan and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and fold all ingredients together carefully.
- Slightly butter wrap and Place ackee and saltfish onto wrap in the centre, then cover wrap over and tuck inside under ackee and saltfish and roll over.
- Add butter to last flap to make it stick. Then make a diagonal cut in middle of wrap and serve
Makes 4-6 wraps
For best results serve hot by placing in oven for 5 mins 180 degrees and microwave/frying pan.