. 3 tbsp olive oil
· 1 tbsp browning or soy sauce
· 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
· 1 tbsp red label wine (optional)
· 1.5 tsp sugar
· 1 tsp sesame oil
· 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
· 320g ALT lambless strips
· 1 medium onion sliced
· 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 1 scotch bonnet or chilli diced
· 85 g Baby corn chopped
. 85g mangetout
· 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
· 1/3 white cabbage, shredded
· 1/2 head broccoli, cut into small florets
· Handful of bean sprouts
· 300g Udon noodles / Vegan noodles.
· 2 spring onions, chopped
· Sesame seeds to garnish
- Firstly make your chow mein sauce by combining 1 tbsp browning or soy sauce, 1 tbsp hoisin sauce, 1 tbsp red label wine (optional), 1.5 tsp sugar, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp hot pepper sauce and set aside.
- Add some cooking oil to your frying pan on a medium heat then slightly brown the ALT Lambless pieces then remove.
- Use the same oil and Add the onions and garlic and scotch bonnet and cook until caramelised
- Add the broccoli, red bell peppers, white cabbage ,corn and mangetout and and cook down for minutes until soft.
- Add bean sprouts and fry for a couple of minutes. Toss well so they get cooked evenly.
- Add the chow mein sauce and noodles, stir well and serve!
- Top with chopped spring onion and sesame seeds and scotch bonnet chilli slices