This recipe is a quick and easy way to make chinese style rice in a caribbean way. No more takeaways! now you can make your own fried rice. This is a vegan recipe ful of flavour and spice. give it a try!
Vegetable fried rice
- 1 scotch bonnet (chopped) / Hot pepper sauce
- ¼ Diced onions
- 3 Spring onions
- 1 tsp Ginger (Diced)
- 3 Garlic cloves
- ¼ cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup mixed peppers
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp all purpose
- 5tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1tbsp. Dairy free butter
- 1tsp sugar (optional)
(Make sure cooked rice is not stuck together cook rice for 15 mins) Rice must be grainy
- Boil water and add salt. Pour water (for every cup of rice, use 1 3/4 cups of water) into a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. …
- Pour in rice. Add it to the boiling water.
- Stir once, or just enough to separate the rice. …
- Cover the pot and simmer for 15 mins
- Fluff rice with a fork.
- On high heat add 2tbsp of cooking oil to your pan and add 1 scotch bonnet (chopped), ¼ Diced onions, 3 Spring onions, 1 tsp Ginger (Diced), 3 Garlic cloves and cook for 3 mins
- Then add ¼ cup diced carrots, ¼ cup green peas, and ¼ cup mixed peppers and add 1 tsp Black pepper, 1 tsp Thyme, 1 tsp all-purpose and mix together.
- Then add 3 chopped spring onions and mix.
- Then add cooked rice and add 5 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tsp white vinegar and mix together.
- 1 tbsp. dairy free butter or sugar and mix together
- Simmer for 10 mins and serve.