One of Jamaicas most drool-worthy snacks! Its a sweet bread that’ll turn your I’ll only have one to Yup, im going for my seventh! Try with Ackee and saltfish, Green banana and Escovitch fish.
There is no real measurements for making dumplings. Its all about using more water if dough is dry or more flour if dough is wet! practice makes perfect!
- 3 cups Self- raising flour (or Plan flour)
- A likkle bit of salt
- water (1 cup or more if dough is too dry)
- 1 tsp butter
- Vegetable oil (shallow fry)
- 1 tsp. Baking powder (Only if you use plain flour)
- Add flour into a mixing bowl, then add a likkle bit of salt, sugar, and butter.
- Then add some water and knead dough with your hands consistently.Continue until you have a large Ball of dough. (If dough is dry add more water, if dough is wet add more flour)
- Tear off a small piece of dough and shape into a circular shape.
- Use a frying pan with Vegetable oil (shallow fry) on high heat and fry dumplings on each side until golden brown.
- Use a paper towel to drain off excess oil. and Cool down for 10 minutes.
- Then serve.